Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And They Lived Happily Ever After...

Happy Tuesday everyone!!! Wow, I can't believe that it is May already!!! It's ridiculous how fast time goes by when you're all grown up... Feels like it was a lot slower when you were a kid don't you think? Anyway, what better way to start the new month by posting about the start of my dear friends' new lives as husband and wife! That's right! This past weekend was their wedding, and it was absolutely beautiful!!! And she planned every single thing by herself, how awesome is she??? She's definitely planning mine, whenever that is... hahaha.

Just a little bit about the newlyweds and the proposal, they've been together for 6 years now and they both LOVE Disney, as much as my boyfriend and I. So one day last April, we met up at Disneyland (all of us are passholders) for our usual double date. The whole day me and the bride to be were talking about weddings, what color schemes we wanted, how many bridesmaids, how big the cake, how big the dress, what neckline, and you can only guess what else, lol! Throughout the day, the groom to be wanted to take a picture in front of the castle, but she kept saying "Why? we always take castle picture... do we need to? no? okay then let's go!" He tried again later on at night right before the firework and I said "It's too crowded right now, everyone's waiting for the firework, let's just go after it's done" And honestly I didn't think we were going to because we'll probably be too tired by the end of the night. But as we were going towards the exit passing the partner statue, I remembered and asked if they still wanted to take castle pics, and he said yes. As we were lining up in front of the castle, we were still talking about weddings, then it was our turn. First it was me and my boyfriend, then we took a group picture, then it was them. I was walking away from where we took picture and when I turn around, he was already on his knee!

The Proposal...

The first thing that came to my mind was "He's joking right???" Not because I didn't think he's going to, it was about time for them, but because it was just so funny that weddings were the main topic of the day, and also because my boyfriend would crack a joke like that, almost cruel I know, but I'm trying to get used of his jokes. Anyway, I did not say that out loud, instead I said "IS THIS HAPPENING???" at the top of my lungs! After that all I heard, and apparently all she heard too was, "You gotta answer you know, this is embarrassing..." And of course she said yes! ^^

The beautiful ring

It's amazing what that diamond ring can do... We've been walking around the park all day and by the end of the night we were all really tired, but as soon as she got that ring on her finger, her energy went off the charts like a kid with candy. Later on I found out that she blacked out when he got on one knee and had to ask him  what he said later on hahaha. All she heard was me screaming... my bad >< I couldn't contain my excitement!

The start of their happily ever after journey

A year passed by too quickly, and this past Friday was their wedding day. It started with the ceremony at the church that they go to in the morning. It was absolutely beautiful! Of course the best man had to steal the thunder by passing out at the altar... LOL! If you're reading this, I'm just kidding!!! He locked his knees and the blood couldn't travel to his brain... Glad that he was okay, but the bride and groom chuckled because they thought he tripped.

The ceremony

Her dress was breathtaking! So much "bling bling"

"You may kiss the Bride!!!"

The reception was held at the Disneyland hotel sleeping beauty pavilion. There was no place else that could be more perfect to celebrate their wedding. It was the most beautiful reception I have ever been to. Started with a cocktail hour out on the grass area next to the pavilion. After an hour we made our way to the pavilion. The cake was so pretty cute! And she had a candy table! I think that was what I was looking forward to the most.

The wedding cake that she designed her self

The center piece, I was hoping to bring it home ><

The boyfriend and I <3

The beautiful bride and I

After the delicious dinner, we had two very special guests right after the cake cutting. Can you guess who they are? Mickey and Minnie of course! I screamed like a little girl when they came in wearing their formal dress and tuxedo, so adorable! Everybody crowded them at once!

OMG Mickey and Minnie Mouse!!!

So cute ><

Their first dance as husband and wife...

Isn't the back of her dress pretty? Yea she loves bows haha

After a little dancing, it was time for the bouquet and garter toss, but instead of those two things, they tossed a wedding Mickey and Minnie stuffed toys. Ladies first of course. This was the big topic at her bridal shower, who's going to catch the bouquet, because the bride caught the bouquet last time and now she's getting married. At the time I didn't know if I even wanted to try, I didn't to end up getting trampled over like  I've seen in movies! But when that Minnie was in the air and it was going towards me, I just went for it and caught it! Even slid on my knees and stepped on my dress! Oh it was a great feeling... My first time catching the bouquet! Actually it was my first time at a bouquet toss.. Beginners luck I guess! The funniest thing is, when it was time for the "garter" toss, you can only guess who caught the Mickey...

Yep!!!

My boyfriend caught it! He didn't even try, actually none of the guys tried... The best man actually swatted it down on the first try hahaha! But on the second try, the Mickey just landed on my boyfriend, now what were the chances of couples catching the bouquet and garter? Not saying anything, but only time will tell the future =]

I am beyond happy for my friends for making it this far. As they embark on their honeymoon, I am dedicating this  first post of May to them. Congratulations again you guys!!! Your happily ever after has just begun...

Courtesy of Sarina Love Photography

Until my next post! =]

Follow me on Bloglovin' here, and my Instagram (55byjess)

3 comments:

  1. awwww we're honored to be featured on your blog jesss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww heart this!! such a romantic love story!! i love love that he proposed at disney that is SOOOO SWEET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ilona&Erwin: My pleasure you guys! Because of this post, my views went off the charts! Hahaha!

    @Lisa: I know right? What made it so funny is that we were talking about weddings ALL DAY!

    ReplyDelete