Saturday, May 5, 2012

New Find: The Three YSL

Good evening all! or should I say good morning since it is in the AM... I should be sleeping because tomorrow I am going on a bike ride with some friends at 9 AM, but... can't sleep! >< I've just realized that I haven't posted anything about the first "F" on my blog! which is Fashion... Since I got one of these lovely babies today, I thought hmm... this would make a good first fashion post. I've always liked YSL, but never really thought about owning one since my passion is Chanel. But because of Chanel's ridiculous price increases, I find myself looking for lower priced luxury brands these days and YSL is at the top of my list.

It just so happen that there are many websites, such as Rue la la and Belle & Clive, that sells authentic luxury brand items for less than their retail prices. However, their sale usually lasts for only 1-2 days, and the good stuff will most likely be sold out within the first 10 minutes. I was lucky enough to snatch my first YSL Tribute Sandal in Pacific (navy blue) straw-embossed patent leather from Rue la la.

I got these for about $100 less than what I would've paid for at the store, which is really not bad... These are the shorter kind and incredibly comfy! Usually patent leather would hurt, but these doesn't.

My second YSL piece is a tricolor Cabas Tote from Nordstrom. No it was not on sale or anything, but I did get them 3 days before the price increase, so again, not bad ^^


And finally, the one I got today... It is another Tribute Sandal, but with higher heels in Corda (off white) straw-embossed patent leather from Belle & Clive. I was scared about getting these at first because it looks so high, and last time I tried on my friend's pair, they hurt. But the color was so pretty and the price so good, I couldn't resist! I got them about $180 less than what I would've paid at the store. The internet is truly amazing...












These ones are a little harder to walk with than my navy pair, but for it's height, it is pretty comfortable, more than my other lower heels. 

My YSL Family

There you have it folks! I guess the moral of the story is.... Wait until it's on sale!!! If you know that a particular brand will or can go on sale, be a little patient and it can save you a lot of money. Goodnight and have a great weekend!

Until my next post! =]

Follow me on Bloglovin' here, and my Instagram (55byjess)

No comments:

Post a Comment