Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Halfweek

Happy Wednesday everyone! How did you all start off your weekdays? I've been at work, nothing new there, but been running at the Rosebowl loop afterwards. Last night I did some hill training. Gotta get ready for the Revlon Run/Walk this weekend.

The hill, taken from my instagram (55byjess)

Man, it is such a nice day out, unfortunately I am stuck in the office... >< On top of that it has been a really slow couple of weeks here and I've been bored out of my wits. I don't mind a busy day when I don't let the pressure get to me too much, because the day will go a lot faster. It's been this way since I've started here in February, just up until two weeks ago was when it slowed down, and I find myself feeling a little lost. I've wanted to post more stuff in here, but been having a "blogger's block" as of late. Thought  maybe I could do another fashion post, but I wasn't sure if I did it correctly...

Anyway, before I started this blog I've been reading other people's blogs. At first just to pass the time at work looking at pretty handbags and shoes, then I realized these blogs are kind of like their diary. I read somewhere that it is good to blog, because it helps organize your thoughts, which I really need. The first blog I started following was Feather Factor. I came across this from Purse Forum. That's where I usually kill time, but felt like it gave me too much shopping urges and I cant afford that right now. But aside from shoes and purses, Feather Factor interviews other bloggers, and today's post was about this girl who decided to move to Paris for four months. It has been a dream of hers and moving there was a big leap in her life. You can check it out for yourselves, her pictures are AMAZING!!! Paris in Four Months.

Also from my instagram

This has also been my dream for many years. I've only been there once when I was 13, but I honestly don't remember much and my dad lost the camera and camcorder that had ALL of our pictures and videos without being backed up, so there's not even a single memory of it other than what's in my head =*[ I've thought about living there when I was attending FIDM. Where else can you go to soak up fashion??? But didn't think it was possible since a lot of things were going on and hadn't thought about it much since then until a month ago. You see, the road to getting a business degree hasn't been too kind towards me. So I've decided to go back to FIDM this fall for their Business Management Program. One of the many great opportunity that FIDM offers, is their study tours. I don't know why I didn't take advantage of this when I was there a few years ago and I'm still beating my self up over it... They have trips too NYC, Paris, Rome, Milan, etc.!! Well I am definitely going for it this time... And perhaps getting into a study abroad program in Paris...

Not gonna lie, one of the major reasons to live in Paris is so I can have Laduree anytime I want! I haven't tried them yet, since there's none in CA, and also my macaroons expert friend said there are better ones in Paris, but I'm a sucker for pretty packaging lol.

LADUREE Paris

OMGAH nom nom nom...

My two favorite things combined!!! Anyone know how I can get my hands on these from CA???

So it is too early to tell, but I am seriously going to make this happen within the next two years... Wish me luck! What's a dream of yours that you feel like its impossible to do? Care to share? Remember, a dream can only become reality when you put it into action! Happy hump day!

Until my next post! =]

Follow me on Bloglovin' here, and my Instagram (55byjess)

11 comments:

  1. That's amazing! I'm so happy for you :) Let me know if you need any help or have any questions that I can help you with!

    Best,
    Carin
    (www.parisinfourmonths.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It won't be for another year or two, but when it's almost time, I will definitely have a lot of questions! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. fingers crossed for you hon! i hope all your dreams come true :)!!

    i loveee love laduree.. and yes there are def better macaroons.. but.. the packaging is such a deal breaker for me!! i just adore their packaging.. although i did not see any hello kitty packaging when i was there.. WAHHH!! :( i wonder if they only have that in japan???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lisa! I wish that laduree NYC could do delivery so I could try it >< My friend was about to go to NYC and she was supposed to get some for me but her trip was cancelled =\ oh well... there are some really good ones in SoCal like 'lette, bottega louie, and merely sweets.

      I think the hello kitty thing is available at every laduree but for a limited time. I think they still have it right now though! You should check it out!

      Delete
  4. ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh, those macarons look delicious!!! :D i really really want to go to paris one day. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know >< I wish i could try some... I hope you get to! its absolutely beautiful! I wish I had the pictures from when I visited years ago. Goodluck! =]

      Delete
  5. My dream is to go to every disneyland and disneyparks in the world.. Im gonna go to disneyland japan and HK this year.. And then florida and paris left :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. o0o0o that's one of mine too haha, I was supposed to go to japan this summer but got canceled =[ oh well, maybe next year.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know any shoes appreciation blogs? :P

    ReplyDelete